Friday, November 12, 2010

i know how to make my dreams come true

there is a popular quote you might have heard that goes a little something like this, those who can, do .... i won't finish because i vehemently disagree with the second half of the quote. and basically it's unimportant. the point is that if you can, you do. if you can't, you don't. but how true is it?

right now i'm eager to make a few things happen in my life. and i keep hearing if you put it out there, it will come back to you. as if somehow me just wanting something to happen is going to make "the universe" conspire with me to make it happen. sounds a little too hocus pocus when you put it that way. but i believe there is some truth to it.

i am a christian. i don't apologize for it and i don't care to argue with anyone who disagrees with my belief that jesus christ is the son of God and the savior of the world. (yes superman totally ripped jesus' persona off, but i love him anyway!) as a christian i believe that my words are life giving and when i speak a thing, that word goes out and is accomplished. but there must be action on my part beyond speaking what i want. i have to do something to make it happen.

so as i think about the changes i want to see in my life, i make a plan to make my dreams come true. i know that it requires me to meet people and learn things and attend events and WORK! the universe doesn't care if i'm happy or unhappy. i have to make my own happiness. i have to go out and make my dreams come true. and the more i put it out there and back it up with action, the more likely it is to happen.

that is not to say things will always work out the way you want them to. on the contrary, a lot of things in my life have had completely different end results than i predicted. like me being single at 32! but that is the great thing about life. your story is being written until you take your last breath. and if you're lucky and lived right, your story is being told long after you're gone.

the year is quickly drawing to a close and i have to say there are some key steps i need to take to make my dream of advancing my career now a reality. i will be spending the next few weeks on the grind, so to speak, until i see the fruits of my labor. i'll be honest, i do know how to make my dreams come true, and right now, i'm about to get busy so you can see it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment