Wednesday, November 3, 2010

let's get this show on the road

it's once again time to celebrate the glorious occasion of my birth. let me start by saying that i LOVE my birthday. i consider it to easily be the best day of  the year and it's a national holiday. score! because my birthday is toward the end of the year, i use it as an opportunity to reflect on what has happened in my life the current year and what i want to see happen in the coming year. yep, i get all introspective and stuff.

i enjoy doing internal check-ins with myself to make sure i'm staying on track with my goals, plans, dreams, etc. this year has been pretty interesting in all areas of my life. the area that seems to occupy the most thoughts, and is the theme of most of these posts, is my love life. i'm proud to say that it's not completely non-existent, but it's no where near what i was expecting for this year. i'm not fully disappointed but i'm far from happy/content with how things are looking. the year isn't over yet so we will see what happens. for now, just now i think it kind of sucks.

so looking to the coming year of life, as i get older and wiser, i expect things to be different. i know that a person who doesn't expect much won't be disappointed. so my expectation is always high that not only will my heart's desires be granted, they will also be exceeded. i'll be honest though, keeping hope alive isn't always easy. some days i get downright weary because i don't enjoy being single as much these days. i believe there is a season for it and my season is quickly drawing to a close.

let's hope i'm not on the wrong page this time because i'm ready for love. i'm ready to build a life with someone. i'm ready to get this show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment