Sunday, July 10, 2011

before you know it

i had a moment today where i realized that my emotions were controlling me. i work hard to not be moved by my emotions. they usually led you astray. thankfully, i have friends who know how to talk me off the ledge. after getting sound council - there is a difference between sound council and council - i am able to make a decision. and that decision is to wait. don't you just love it?

i'll be talking to my father about the situation and asking how he wants to use me in this moment but the point is that i'm not acting out of emotion, which would have brought a completely different outcome.

i say that i love unconditionally and i want to learn how to do that better. unconditional love requires us to be far more compassionate, forgiving, humble and understanding. it means sometimes you have to suck it up and still be there for people that have hurt you, or otherwise done things that make you want to back up. that is when you should start praying. otherwise, before you know it you have made the wrong decision. when left to our own devices, we usually mess things up. i know that to be true in my life.

thank you lord for my friends. you certainly showed amazing love and care for me when you brought us together. i couldn't ask for better friends. in fact, i couldn't create better friends for me. i just couldn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment