Monday, July 11, 2011

happy anniversary to me

today marks the 3rd anniversary of my life in seattle. it hardly feels real but i have been here three years. and what a wild three years it has been. it's funny how much can happen in such a short amount of time.

to reflect, i've met great people and not so great people. i've built relationships and ended relationships. i've falling in love and struggled falling out of love. i've explored this great city and sought ways to escape. it has been a wild journey.

after three short years, i'm more comfortable calling seattle home than i thought i would ever be and i've come to accept that i live here. indefinitely. as my first lady from harvest would say, settle that. lol. i have. and as i face a future here, i'm excited and nervous about what that brings. i will most likely get married here, start a family here, and build a community here. it's so weird to think that my babies will tell people, i'm from seattle. lol. oh how i long for those moments.

the prospects for marriage have had me disheartened during my time here but if this is truly where i'm supposed to be, and i believe it is, then everything else has to fall into place. august 1 is the start of a new beginning so to speak, and i welcome love. i embrace all that love has for me in the form of my mate. and i'm ready to build my future with him. i can't wait to know who he is. i've already been praying for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment