Wednesday, July 6, 2011

my powers came with an extra scoop of freak

i have become addicted to the nine lives of chloe king. it's funny and has all the good stuff teen superhero girl should have. but i really like it because i feel a lot like chloe some days. my powers came with an extra scoop of freak.

no i don't have any actual powers. that would be dope if i did. but i don't. what i do have is an extra scoop of compassion. i wasn't always that way. god has perfected that in me and while i still have a long way to go, he has done a work. i mean a major work. sometimes my level of compassion for people makes me feel like a freak. i don't like to see people in pain. and i know when people are in pain. can't explain it but after watching chloe king, i guess it's empathy. i'll search that out some more to see what it's really about but i like walking in compassion.

how great is our god and how marvelous are his works? i'm one of his works and i'm so glad he made me the way i am. even when people don't get me or understand me i'm so thankful to be exactly who i am, extra scoop of freak and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment