Wednesday, July 13, 2011

tears on my pillow

today we found out the name of the cancer that has attacked my sisters body. knowing the name was important to me because names are powerful. words are powerful. looking it up and doing research brought tears to my eyes. this is serious stuff. and i'm devastated that my sister is facing this battle. she's so young. and her and my brother have three beautiful children. and now their family has a serious fight. i cried. i wailed really. but in my crying i spoke god's word. he is sovereign and even cancer has to submit to his authority.

so through my tears i worship the god who heals. the god who delivers. the god who set the sun and the stars in the sky and knows them by name. i worship the most amazing god there is and i praise him for the gift of life and his word and his son. his son who's blood was shed for our salvation from the curse of sin, death, poverty and disease. and who's body was bruised for our iniquity. and who's stripes healed us. we are healed. she is healed. help me god to walk in that revelation everyday until we see its manifestation in her body.

and through my tears and uncertainty i will trust you and praise you. remind me of these words when it gets hard. and remind me of these words when we are giving the testimony of the miracle you performed in my sister's life. she's my sister in law but she's the only sister i have. and i love her so much. and i command her to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment